Table of Contents
Unfortunately, fleas are commonly found in our area. You’re likely going to encounter fleas at some point. However, pet owners are more likely to do so. Fleas are attracted to warm-blooded animals because they want to suck their blood. While they’re primarily considered a nuisance, they can be deadly in certain circumstances. If you suspect your furry friend has fleas, it is vital to do something about it right away. Otherwise, the problem is going to get worse, and you’ll put your pet’s life in jeopardy.
Common Fleas In Your City
Our area is home to several flea species, but some are more common than others. Therefore, you should spend time learning about the most common flea species in your city. While there are others, the most common is the cat flea. It is only an eighth of an inch and looks as thin as a credit card from above. Once these pests have targeted your cat, they’re going to be difficult to deal with. These pests are hard to grab because they’re swift and thin. When they move through your cat’s hair, they’ll do so effortlessly. You won’t be able to grab them with your fingertips.
Despite being called cat fleas, they’re not picky. These fleas are going to target a wide assortment of animals, including dogs, cats, foxes, raccoons, and skunks. They will sometimes enter a home without pets.
Problems With Flea Bites
Fleas can create immense problems. As the infestation worsens, the risks are going to skyrocket. It is pertinent to tackle the problem before it gets worse. Flea bites can lead to numerous problems including pet hair loss. Your dog is going to scratch relentlessly and that can lead to hair loss. Your pet may also experience flea allergy dermatitis. Large infestations lead to bigger problems including anemia, severe blood loss, and death. Fleas can also spread tapeworms. Remember that your pet’s life is going to be miserable until you get rid of them so don’t delay calling us.
Preventing Flea Problems
It is often easier to prevent fleas from invading your home. Doing so is easier than dealing with them. Keep them out and you won’t need to worry about paying for our services. Use the tips provided below to ensure that the fleas around your property have a harder time sneaking inside.
- When adopting a pet, it is a good idea to rethink your decision. You might get one that has fleas.
- Cut your grass regularly. You should never let your grass grow three inches or higher.
- Your pets need to receive an anti-parasite medication regularly. Be sure to choose a medication that is designed for flea control and prevention.
- Stop wild animals from climbing under your deck using a fence or wire.
- If wild animals approach your property, don’t feed them. Never feed wild animals because it’ll encourage them to return, and they could bring fleas.
- Regularly check your pets for fleas and flea dirt. If you find anything out of the ordinary, call our office.
- Give your pet a bath once or twice a week.
- Use your vacuum to clean your carpets, rugs, and pet’s belongings. Doing so will eliminate flea eggs.
It is not possible to prevent fleas from entering your home. If they’re determined to get inside, they will. Therefore, it is wise to write down our number. When these pests enter your home, you can count on us to get rid of them. We offer the best treatments for fleas, and we’ll eliminate these pests rapidly.
Call our office as soon as you find fleas in your home. After your first call, we’re going to make sure you hear from us in a day or two.